Sunday, August 15, 2004

Interesting Outsourcing Data

I was watching CNN today and saw the President and CEO of Aelera, Dustin Crane, speaking about a study he had done regarding outsourcing, costs and success. Their report is on their website at:

http://www.aelera.com/pdf/overhere_vs_overthere.pdf

I've heard complaints from other companies about difficulties in outsourcing overseas and wonder if anyone has some business experience with this. What are the plusses and minuses? Any regrets? Is your company employing people overseas? How are the internal communications? Is it cost effective when you consider infrastructure, smooth communications between teams, travel back and forth, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marcia and Sissy

Marcia and Sissy
I'm the one on the right.

About Me

My photo
Retired Recruiter, HR Consultant, Trainer and professional speaker, I'm interested in interviewing people, learning life stories and sharing information and resources. Book and article links are listed at www.tellmeaboutyourself.info. I am the founder and organizer of the Silicon Valley Women in Human Resources...and Friends group, a networking, mentoring and educational group.